Keep Trying

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Aristotle's Anger

It started on Sunday. I moved the Canon Color printer to my middle daughter's computer to print some invitations. The seven blinking orange lights between the blinking green informed me that the print head is damaged. I now have the opportunity to connect with a Canon support person.

Then we decided to use the printer on another computer. But every time we booted up, XP would shut itself down. After expressing my frustration at the limitations of technology, I went to sleep. I was actually happy to hear on News Radio 88 this morning that it was a web worm attack - at least I could fix it. Instead of cursing Microsoft, I decided to appreciate the ease of use of the Windows Update web page.

These technological traumas were quite trying, but fortunately I am reading a book about Emotional Intelligence and I picked up this quote, attributed to Aristotle:

Everbody can get angry - that's easy. But getting angry at the right person, with the right intensity, at the right time, for the right reason and in the right way - that's hard.