Keep Trying

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Barlow Likes Them

John Perry Barlow has been link by Glenn Reynolds and introduced (in his comments) to those with a different opinion. And I thinks he likes them! In this unbelievable intropective post he makes the following points:

But the Bush supporters who have arrived here are, with a few exceptions, intelligent, articulate, and more courteous in debate than many of my own cohort.
...
the other side deserves to be taken as seriously as I would have them take me.
...
I have been too closeted in my cyberghetto, where there is plenty of opportunity to breathe our own pious gasses. We use words like "evil" and "stupid" all too casually.
...
We must quit calling one another names. We must focus on what is right rather than who is right.
...
We must learn, once more, how to hate the sin and not the sinner.
...
But our style sucks. We are too often arrogant, hyperbolic, self-righteous, vindictive, and mean-spirited.
...
Anger, no matter how justified, is not attractive to the unconvinced.
...
Now would be a good time for us all to come and reason together, and I am grateful to the pro-Bush newcomers to this blog for their willingness to do just that.


Barlow in 2008!