Keep Trying

Friday, November 05, 2004

Entering South Beach - Phase II

My family is ending its third week of Phase One of the South Beach Diet. I've lost 5 pounds, but my co-dieters have lost an average of 3. We attribute our lack of weight loss to eating too many nuts and not-so-low fat cheese, going off the diet on Shabbos, and the fact that we weren't all that overweight when we started.

I still highly recommend the diet because we have more energy and the diet is very healthy - no trans fats, no sugar, no high-processed carbs. I am hoping that we get beyond diet and accept and enjoy healthy life-long eating habits.

I love crunchy snacks, so Phase I was a little difficult. In Phase II, you get to add back fruits and healthy carbs. I can't wait to get my hands on some Barbecue Soy Chips. To each his own.